Monday, January 27, 2003

The Morning After

I don't doubt the jubilation in Tampa Bay over winning their first Super Bowl (indeed, by a comfortable margin over a more experienced team). But I only caught the summaries on the eleven o'clock news, and that was enough for me. I spent a quiet evening at a friend's house, where I fell asleep by the fireplace while she caught up on her work. Then we shared a pizza and went to a movie. In between assignments here at the office, I've been on the phone trying to line up more opportunities to play zydeco this year. Road houses, house parties, on the road, or just down the road -- hell, I don't care. Anything for a break.

I thought I'd go to Phillie this Friday night to see Nathan Williams and the Zydeco Cha-Chas. Other than that, who knows?

In the meantime, I've been consulting with a number of people about whether I should go into public speaking, mainly at Catholic-type events. Some have suggested I should, but what would I say? I know I don't want to do what everybody else does. But other than that...

Stay tuned.

No comments: