Friday, January 24, 2003

Super Bowl Weekend: The Short Version

Tonight I'll pick up my son Paul, then we'll go see Lord of the Rings: The Twin Towers. After that gets us all fired up, we'll cruise on over to the Half Moon Cafe in Silver Spring MD to squelch an appetite, maybe catch a few bars of The Ardoin Family Band featuring Morris Ardoin. Saturday I've got to finish cleaning out The Eternal Closet. Then it's off to The Barn at Catonsville, for s'more of those Ardoin people. Sunday morning will find me on the Eastern side of the tracks, attending Orthodox liturgy in Baltimore with a friend of mine. That night I'll honor the Super Bowl on my own terms (inasmuch as I don't give a rat's ass about either Oakland or Tampa Bay anyhow), and will join "Texas Fred" Carter and his merry band of zydeco fanatics, for a "Super Bowl Zydeco Party" with (once again!) Li'l Pookie, at a place in Takoma Park MD.

(Note to E.W. in Chicago: You wanna know what I'm up to, honey? You gotta read this. Any more questions, you gotta call. I'm in the book. Love to hear from ya.)

No comments: