Monday, February 02, 2004

Guess who saw his shadow today!

That's right. So we've got six more weeks of this crap. Starting tomorrow. Again this weekend. Geeeeezzz!

Today is the Feast of the Purification of Our Lord (formerly the Feast of the Presentation of Mary). Coming forty days after Christmas, it is the traditional, if not the official, end of the Christmas season. (I was waiting to take down the lights on purpose. Honest.) Last year at this time, I explained why Phil the Groundhog is a Catholic.

I did not watch the Game yesterday. On the published schedule, they had four hours blocked off for the game itself, and six hours for the pre-game hype. I used to go to my son Paul's Byzantine Rite parish, to watch the game with the Men's Club. But this year I was with Paul for the afternoon. There were some kids from his high school at a swing dance last Friday night, so I'm trying to get him to join us this Friday. "Honest, Paul, if you just try it once, you'll really like it."

Well... he might.

No comments: