Friday, April 30, 2004

While I was out...

...the latest draft of the proposed English translation of the Roman Missal was released (courtesy of ABC Radio in Australia). I'm okay with most of it. I'm not okay with some of it. They say it will be out in the pews in a couple of years. Knowing what I do of the process (and I've been watching it for over twenty years), I would be surprised to see it published before the end of the decade. An analysis which would bore the general audience of MWBH to tears will follow later in the next month.

Meanwhile, my son is graduating from high school soon, and I'm starting to look for a house, after spending nearly fourteen years living in basement apartments. My tax situation needs to be, well, uncomplicated, and I've been more tired than usual lately.

There is also a story to tell, of something that happened recently. It won't be published here until later in the year, because the story isn't over yet. But when it is, it will show a fundamental shift in my beliefs about the state of the world today.

In the meantime, I must flee to the desert for a few days. Pray for me, and stay tuned...

No comments: