"I read the news today, oh boy..."
• For those following the Terri Schiavo story... MWBH can't compete with Amy Welborn of Open Book, especially with her links to the today's commentaries (including the entry of the Rev Jesse Jackson -- "faith an' b'gore," another miracle!!! -- on Terri's behalf). You might slide on over there, after checking the lighter side of the news.
• Roll over, Rapunzel... A woman in Tongxiang, China, hasn't cut her hair since she was fourteen. She's forty now, and her "crowning glory" checks in at nearly fifteen feet. (Me? Jealous?)
• Diddy get a real job, you ask... Rapper Sean "P Diddy" Combs is lending his name to a line of custom aluminum tire rims. At a high-end price of $3000 each, you could buy a decent used car (excuse me, "certified pre-owned vehicle") with one complete set. Just what this country needs.
• Look who's getting their Irish up... Ireland has begun a program of removing their bi-lingual English/Gaelic highway signs, in favor of those displaying only Gaelic. This is one more step in a long program of restoring the language that was all but supressed by the occupying British in the 19th century. Eventually, anyone traveling in Ireland (or rather, "Eire") looking for a sign pointing to Dingle in County Kerry, will have to seek out "An Daingean" in "Contae an Ciarrai." Consider yourselves warned.
• Now we know why everyone called him "Bill"... Richard Milhous Nixon was the first USA president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second was William Jefferson Clinton.
(From the wires of the Associated Press, and various other unmentionable sources.)