• We went swing dancing at Glen Echo Park last Saturday night. Or at least we tried to. After a $17 million renovation for the park, the Spanish Ballroom is restored to its former glory. Unfortunately, this did not include air-conditioning then, and does not now. They finally opened the upper-story windows for ventilation once the lesson was over. They could have done it sooner. My guess is that if the place had A/C, they couldn't keep the costs down for events there. But that doesn't stop them from a decent ventilation system, including fans on the ceiling and elsewhere, and opening the damn upstairs windows a lot sooner.
• The White House has appointed a new executive chef -- the first woman and first ethnic minority to hold the esteemed position. Her name is Cristeta Comerford, a native of the Philippines, now a USA citizen. Naturally, I had to call Sal and tell her. It's a kababayung thing!
• Don Jim reports on the discovery of an old "music video" of Leonard Nimoy (the guy who played "Mr Spock" on Star Trek) singing a tribute to Bilbo Baggins of Tolkein's The Hobbit. It's admittedly a corny piece of work. Coulda been worse, though, Padre. Imagine William Shatner...
• One month from today, the move to the new place should be completed. Details on the home are to come. Meanwhile, we have a collection of photos to give you the ambiance of the neighborhood.
• Oh, and today's the Feast of the Assumption.