Monday, August 28, 2006

Ad Random

I'll be doing much of my writing in the evenings this week. I'm finishing up a movie review for another blog, which should be up in the next week or so. Stay tuned...

This past Sunday, the second reading in the reformed Roman liturgy was the dreaded passage in Ephesians 5 on wives submitting to their husbands and all. I was the reader at my parish Saturday evening, and read "the long form" which includes the aforementioned dreaded passage -- over the objections of an over-zealous sacristan who was in a tizzy because "the ladies wouldn't like it." In an upcoming entry, I'll explain why REAL ladies don't have a problem with it at all. Neither did the celebrant, but more on that later...

Speaking of celebrants, I would ask my readers to remember a priest from the Midwest who is a long-time friend of mine. Like me, he has a depressive condition. As this is written, he is headed to a treatment facility in another state, and I ask for your prayers, that he finds the peace of mind he so sorely needs.

It's coming up on the Labor Day weekend. Nearly every year since 1989, I've spent it in, of all places, Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Click on the link to learn more.

Finally, the commemorations of St Monica and her son St Augustine, are celebrated yesterday and today, respectively. Don Jim has more, as does my main man, Father Benedict Groeschel.

No comments: