Tuesday, September 05, 2006

While I was out...

• I was in Johnstown, Pennsylvania over the weekend. There will be a separate piece on that experience later today, tomorrow at the latest.

• By now, newswatchers know about the whole Kyra Phillips thing, where the CNN reporter was overheard conversing in the little girls' room while her microphone was on. There are three links here that relate to the snafu: first, the clip of President Bush's press conference where the conversation was overheard; second, a transcript of the conversation with (huh???) analysis; and third, Ms Phillips comes clean on CBS's Late Night with David Letterman. Good girl.

• A priest in Texas is moved to share the following: "On the Titanic, a group of three musicians decided to remain on the ship playing their beautiful music as the ship went down. They could have jumped ship with many of those who were able to get into the life boats, but they decided to remain and keep playing their music. They remained and played 'Nearer to God to Thee.'"

• If I had more time, I'd comment on the untimely death of Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin yesterday. But Larry King will be talking about him tonight, and you can e-mail your questions in advance.

1 comment:

Stephen Heiner said...

Boy, I'm so out of it, I don't know these things, but they are quite funny. I don't buy the "technical malfunction" thing for a bit, but hey, I think it was a heck of a lot more interesting than Bush's grandstanding on the Katrina anniversary...