Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Critical Mass: Fulfilling the Council



Our resident Pertinacious Papist, Dr Philip Blosser, has reprinted an excellent article from The Latin Mass magazine, entitled "Fulfilling the Council: Sacrosanctum Concilium and the Traditionalist Movement." Since the 15th of January appears to have come and gone without the "imminent" promulgation of the motu proprio, it might be worth contemplating the present situation in terms of "what do we do now?" Look for a few surprises in the middle of the essay, especially a gem from no less than Dom Guéranger. (Question: Does DG imply that the centuries before Trent, as opposed to after, were when the liturgy of the West was in its fullest flower? Discuss.)

C S Lewis once said that he wrote the books he did because no one else would write them. So I refer to this excellent piece at my site because Michael P Foley already wrote it.

Besides, I get an excuse to use this cool animation. Thanks, Doc.

1 comment:

Pertinacious Papist said...

I wish I had time to discuss at the moment, which I don't since I'm on the way out the door; but I must say I do love that black hat!