Monday, February 12, 2007

Further Consideration



This week, the nominations for the 2007 Catholic Blog Awards have been posted, and everybody gets a chance to make their mark in the Catholic blogosphere.

It is clear that some of you enjoy living dangerously, since I was nominated in eight categories, including; Best Designed (in which case the fresh color scheme introduced last month really paid off), Best Individual, Best Insider News (huh?), Best Overall, Best Political/Social Commentary, Best Written (the least one of you could do), Funniest, and (lest we forget) Smartest. Of course, I had no idea there would be so many nominees. Maybe they've always had anywhere from 34 to 107 in each category. On the other hand, maybe this is a devious plot to circumvent my rise to fame and glory at the behest of an adoring public. We may never know.

But it would appear that the organizers of this event have seen my recent commentary on their endeavor, and are determined that I continue to have a reason to complain. They are clearly not ones to disappoint. In every category, I am listed as "Man with a Black Hat." This happens from time to time. I'm either "The Man in the Black Hat," "The Man in a Black Hat," or any combination of words but my own. There was a religious news service I wrote for a couple years ago that could never get it right, so I decided I was better off doing my own spelling, than repeating myself to some yutz halfway across the planet with a short attention span.

Once more, the trademark is...

man with black hat

man. with. black. hat. Four words. All lower case. Can you say "marketing device"? Now, breath deeply...

On a more promising note, the huddled masses chose not to nominate me for "Most Spiritual." This takes a lot of pressure off me, and I'm not very good under pressure. (see above.) Remember, consider your vote carefully. And after three days of prayer and fasting, you'll know in your heart that you need look no further. (Hey, where are you... no, DON'T CLICK THAT!!!)

[VALENTINE'S DAY UPDATE: I have been informed by the CBA people, after discovering that the link to my site was incorrect as well, that my blog name was posted as submitted. They immediately corrected the problem, and now I've got the same shot as the thousands of other nominees. One can only imagine how caught up in the moment was my adoring public, that they failed to double-check. Fortunately, I am generous in my forgiveness. Just this once.]

No comments: