Thursday, August 21, 2008

You’re not reading this... are you?

My weekly stats have been low this month. Generally I get 100 to 120 visitors a day, or nearly 200 when I am in rare form (which is, apparently, rare). These days I get about 60 or 70 visitors a day.

You're probably all out of town right about now. Or maybe you're over at Mark Shea's blog where all the cool kids hang out. He gets over a thousand visits a day when he's on a book tour all week. He's got it made, being able to post Onion News Network video clips with just the right amount of potty mouth, while I get grief for showing a daily cartoon strip with females that have cleavage, as if you-know-what were the real thing. I should reposition it at the bottom of this page, just to see how long it takes for anyone to notice.

Which wouldn't be a problem if I was as cool as Mark.

And speaking of vacations, mine is in September. Late September. That's when Paul and Sal ride with me in the Faithful Blue Wagon and head to Ohio. Then we'll see whether Mom still makes me come in through the back door, or if Dad still remembers who I am. He's gonna be 83 in a few weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe we'll go "down home," as we used to say, to the farm in Brown County where Mom was born. I've still got some people out there, and Sal has never seen an American farm.

I'm behind in my writings, in my web design studies... damn near everything. Maybe I'm taking my vacation right now and don't realize it.

Discuss.

[IMAGES: (1) FullMetal Alchemist. Used without permission or shame. (2) Rosselot Family Archives. Don't need their d@#n permission.]
.

3 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

[PHOTOS: (1) Origin unknown.

I can't tell you where you found it, but your little animation is from FullMetal Alchemist, which is the coolest anime ever.

Happy vacationing in Ohio! I wouldn't mind going up there myself.

Dad29 said...

Mark's cool, if you like polemic without substantive proofs.

Sir Galen of Bristol said...

I'm still reading you, man! Mark's not even on my RSS feed.