Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Art-For-Art’s-Sake Theatre: “Lights will guide you home ...”

Time once again for our regular Wednesday midday feature. This was from the final episode of this past season of ABC's "The Sing Off" on December 20, 2010. It was a most moving rendition of Coldplay's “Fix You” which reached number eighteen on Billboard in 2005. Coldplay vocalist Chris Martin tells its story:

My father-in-law Bruce Paltrow bought this big keyboard just before he died. No one had ever plugged it in. I plugged it in, and there was this incredible sound I'd never heard before. All these songs poured out from this one sound. Something has to inspire you, and something else takes over. It's very cloudy ... probably the most important song we've ever written.

Yeah, I could see that.
 

1 comment:

Gail F said...

Thanks for posting that, David! Loved that show!!!!!!!! But I did not know that story.