Thursday, March 03, 2011

“Let me google that for you.”

As a boy, the kids in the neighborhood called me a "walking, talking encyclopedia." Even back then, I had been called worse.

These days, it's easy to look smarter than you really are. I could rattle off on some deep subject, and you'd think I had memorized the subject at hand completely. Actually, in most cases this would be true, which is evident by the number of books occupying Chez Alexandre. But, on some rare occasion, I'm looking stuff up while I'm writing down stuff. No, that is not the same as copying.

Steve Skojec brought this to my attention today:

lmgtfy.com: For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves.

Go ahead, click on it. You know you want to.
 

No comments: