Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some Disenchanted Evening

(Merely random thoughts on a Tuesday morning.)

As this is written, there are at least four stories that have been roughed out, and just screaming to be brought to fruition. The demands they make compete with the usual spring ritual of home improvements. Some of those projects involve money, which is not so much the problem as time. Is there ever enough?

In looking through a wooden box of photographs and other keepsakes, I came across a copy of an article for which I had been looking for years. Since I know how to reach the author, and it cannot be found online, I'm going to write them and ask for permission to reprint it here in its entirety. I have written little if anything about the late Pope John Paul II's "Theology of the Body." Most pieces on the subject do little to foster understanding of the concept. What's worse, they treat it as some sort of novelty, when in fact much of it is rooted in the traditional teaching of the Church. This article I found, is the one I wish I had written.

Yesterday, I reconnected with two classmates from grade school via Facebook. One I was united with only a few years ago, the other I thought was dead. As we both agreed, those reports were exaggerated.

But with good news, there is often disappointment, and I have had that recently. I had to part company with a friend. We had become rather close in a brief period of time, and so the falling out was even more poignant. I have little to regret over anything I did or failed to do, but that doesn't make it easier. They do not know that I pray for them and their family nearly every day.

As we reach the mid-point of Lent, we call to mind the fleeting nature of this world, in the face of occurrences that never make sense, at least not in this life.

And so it goes ...
 

No comments: