“I read the news today, oh boy ...”
(Post-Bastille Day Edition)
Honestly, those kids at Pajamas Media don't get it. They bleeped out the S word for "The Week in Blogs," but not the G-D word. Until they come to their senses, check out their review of the Sunday talking heads. (UPDATE 07.18.12: Most current edition of video added.)
Meanwhile, elsewhere on Planet Earth.
• Who says Iraqis don't know how to party? The lawn-chair-balloon craze has come to their war-torn land, another gift from the American people. (Reuters)
• The newly-elected mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska, is a guy named Stubbs. It gets better. (KTUU-TV)
• Uh, this just in; that lawn-chair balloon event was cut short by inclement weather. We'll keep an eye on this one. (Reuters)
• It started out as a peaceful rafting extravaganza down the American River in California. Then things got ugly. (KCRA-TV)
• Speaking of California, here's story with a happy ending. This car is a 1967 Austin Healy. It was stolen from a guy in Los Angeles, who found it on Ebay -- 42 years later. (AP)
For now, that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.