This would have been published earlier today, but we had to wait for Uncle Jay to get his (ostensibly) weekly dog-and-pony show together, and sho' nuff, he did!
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• Here's a car that can go at an amazing 20 miles per hour. That's not too shabby, when you consider ... [Gizmodo]
• Of course, if your speed of choice is closer to 85 miles per hour, Austin has the Texas-sized stretch of road for you, and there's plenty of room. [NPR]
• And speaking of traffic, if you think it's bad being stuck in it with an automobile, imagine being a penguin. Yes, that's right, a penguin. [Gizmodo]
• From the South Pole, we go to the North Pole, where the legend of Santa Claus makes its home. It seems that Canada is becoming increasingly aggressive in staking its claims, but at least old Saint Nick will know what passport to carry, and just in time for ... well, you know. [Gizmodo]
• Barbara Walters had this to say about the President: "We thought that he was going to be – I shouldn’t say this at Christmas time, but – the next messiah." When someone so accustomed to public speaking says something this stupid, you have to see it to believe it. Here it is. [Hot Air]
• Finally, with Christmas less than 36 hours away, it's time to start thinking about Easter, and while we're at it, Easter Island, where the demise of its civilization may have been more ominous than previously thought. [NPR]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, and we await the coming of the REAL messiah, stay tuned, and stay in touch.