Next year is 2015, the year depicted in the movie Back To The Future II. And just when we thought we'd never see an affordable flying car by then, this crackerjack team of tech nerds developed a hoverboard like the one used by Marty McFly in the movie. It promises to be the greatest technological breakthrough since the Prius.
Or is it?
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• We've all heard the stories of how hairpins can be used as a handy tool in a pinch. Maybe men should keep one handy as well as women. You never know when you might have to pick a lock. [Gizmodo]
• Last week, you discovered our story about the woman who had proportions like a Barbie doll. You wondered how that was possible, didn't you? You're not alone, which is why someone has developed a Barbie-like doll with more realistic expectations ... [Time]
• ... and someone else takes a moment out to explain why. [The Huffington Post]
• In another story about expectations, we move from the realistic to the unrealistic, as a more to come [The Libertarian Republic]
• Finally, we want to pay an appropriate tribute on the fourth anniversary this week, of what may be the most stupid words ever uttered by a Speaker of the House. [Independent Journal Review]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.