“I read the news today, oh boy ...” (End-Of-April Edition)
It's still April, except on TV. May Sweeps started last week! Ratings stunts are everywhere, even on the news! Uncle Jay explains it all while he gets married, has a baby, welcomes guest Michelle Obama, changes jobs and dies.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• For every Cub Scout who ever wanted to rock the Pinewood Derby, science comes to the rescue. [Gizmodo]
• In an attempt the rally the troops (or maybe just mess with their heads), the CEO of a startup company issued a curious form of motivation ... [Fast Company]
• ... which is explained in more detail here. (CONTENT WARNING: Repeated F-Bomb Usage.) [Betashop]
• A tiny creek cuts across North America, joining two oceans, and splitting one continent. Betcha didn't know that. [22 Words]
• The people once known for their delicious game hens are now officially an ethnic minority in the United Kingdom. [The Independent]
• Finally, we look back on the many attempts by the city of Cleveland, Ohio, to keep itself weird, harkening back to that fateful day in 1986 when air traffic and motorists in northeastern Ohio got one big-@$$ surprise. [Gizmodo]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.
Labels: i read the news today oh boy