Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• Each month, a woman in South Carolina continues to receive a benefits check from the government for her father's service to his country, which is unusual in at least one respect. [The Wall Street Journal]
• Speaking of getting things in the mail, some guy may or may not have ordered this, but some other part of the government will be contacting him soon. Go figure. [Gizmodo]
• This ad for a band to play a wedding had to be pulled from Craigslist. One can understand why, but a lot of musicians who play the local circuit can identify with its
• Something else with which to identify, is a study that concludes what millions of harried husbands have known all along. They just needed the data, and the veneer of credibility. Ladies, the next time he accuses you of this, he can back it up. [Time]
• Someone finally made the ultimate portable toolkit that its inventor claims can pass through airport security. [Indefinitely Wild]
• Finally, graphics standards manuals were the ultimate solution to yours truly while studying graphic design in college. You can see for yourself how life would be so much more orderly and serene (not to mention never get lost on the subway again), if only people would listen to the real professionals more often. [Gizmodo]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.