Monday, June 13, 2005

Word.

By now this has appeared elsewhere in the Catholic blogosphere, but former pro-life activist/hellraiser Julianne Wiley sent me this by e-mail over the weekend. It seems a composer of "urban street poetry" (otherwise known as "rap" or "hip-hop"), by the name of Nick Cannon, has penned a work dedicated to young mothers facing crisis pregnancies entitled "Can I Live?".

Dom can dig it. Sort of.

Meanwhile, it seems that Cannon has also made a personal crusade of this, as his remarks in his comments box will attest:
"This record is extremely important to me and to our community. There are a lot of young mothers in need and have had to struggle to raise their children. I just wanted to recognize all the strong women who are raising children on their own like my mother had to do. Myself and my foundation really want to help these young women. If any of you out there know a single mother between the ages of 15-25 who may be having a difficult time I would love to hear the story. Please write to me and explain the condition and how I could possibly help. I will check the website and respond accordingly."
I'm down with it alright. Yeah, you right.

No comments: