Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Benedict

Someone once told me that my theology was Dominican, but my spirituality was Benedictine. At the time, I wouldn't have guessed that I even had a distinguishable spirituality, much less that anyone could tell what kind it was one way or the other. But I thought about that observation today, as the Church commemorates St Benedict of Nursia, the founder of Western monasticism, and the saint for whom our present Pope is named. I just got back from a funeral awhile ago, or I'd wax eloquently about something, but I'll leave it to Father "Don Jim" Tucker of Dappled Things instead, by bringing the reader's attention to his post of last year on "Benedictine Varia." There's also Miss Kelly.

Anyone who wants to know more can learn of all things Benedictine at www.osb.org.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

oo! go to www.importantstufftoremember.blogspot.com