Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Revenge of the Gadget Geeks

To know me, is to know I love gadgets -- up to a point.

I wouldn't dream of standing in line to get tickets to a Star Wars movie, or to get in on the first shipment of a new model cell phone. On one hand, I figure people with nothing better to do than make this much out of a material good, can stand a little humiliation, as part of an ongoing program of character development. Then again, it was curiously refreshing to see one of them give a reporter a taste of his own medicine, as this fine gentleman does with KTLA reporter Eric Spillman while waiting in line to buy the next-generation iPhone.

Now, if that had been Dom Bettinelli, our reporter would not have walked away in one piece. On the other hand, Dom wouldn't be in that line, because Dom has a life.

Eh, Dom?

(h/t Allahpundit of Hot Air.)
.

1 comment:

Domenico Bettinelli said...

That's right, Dave, but only on one count. Were I inclined to buy an iPhone I would not be averse to standing in line, although I would have known to wait at least a week before trying.

I do hope I would have offered the same scathing response to what passes for journalism in so many places, but is really "infotainment".