Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Going Global With Gloria

The current edition of Gloria.TV News appears continually at the top of the blue sidebar to the right of this column. It is updated with each new edition. The one for today featured a story we did here a couple of weeks ago. They even got my name right. I do send clippings from this weblog from time to time, which might be of interest to such outlets as Gloria.TV. Still, it surprised me to see it right there in front of me. (The story in question begins at 1:45.)

I should add a couple of clarifications. The report that the young boy was five years old had to be corrected -- he was, in fact, only three years old -- both on my blog, and in an addendum sent with my material to them. This correction apparently did not make it to production. Also, my reference to "Muslim extremists" was changed for the webcast to "Muslim criminals." The producers of Gloria.TV reserve the right to make such changes. Then again, I also realize that the distinction would mean something to some of my audience, so I submit it here.

At the end of the day, and while awaiting the holiday tomorrow, it is one thing for which to be thankful. Not only am I able to bring public awareness to the persecution of Assyrian Christians in Iraq, whose forebears first heard the Gospel from the Apostle Thomas himself, but that such a fine outlet as Gloria.TV News would see its way to featuring my work.

Plus, you gotta love that pullquote at 2:15.

UPDATE: The embed code for the video clip has since been corrected, and should display the webcast for the day in question, as opposed to the current day. We regret the inconvenience.
.

No comments: