Monday, October 21, 2013
“I read the news today, oh boy ...” (Saint Hilarion Edition)
They say the no good deed goes unpunished. Watch this video clip from WBZ-TV, and find out what one Boston-area schoolgirl learned the hard way, about just how arbitrary a public high school administration can be. We know all about that, don't we, Fairfax County?
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• We've been hearing a lot about the prospect of the government defaulting on its loans, had the shutdown lasted even a day longer. Did you know this has happened before -- twice? [The Daily Caller]
• They say everyone needs a hobby, but an elderly woman in Florida found one she didn't know she had. [US News]
• If you ever go to the UK to visit the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, be careful when you ask what's for dinner. They might tell you it's ... [Telegraph]
• Once you've tried the exciting new culinary delight, you'll want something to wash it down. To that end, America has declared its favorite beer, depending on where you live. [The Daily Caller]
• From food, we go to clothing, as we learn of one sartorial standby that may or may not be on the way out. [The Wall Street Journal]
• Finally, we go from food to clothing to shelter, as the man who has made millions to ensure your lack of privacy will use his fortune to ensure his own. Isn't irony so ... ironic? [Time]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.