Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Morning Irene!

As this is written, Hurricane Irene has reached the coast of North and South Carolina, as it makes its way up the eastern seaboard of the United States. According to the latest projections, the main path of the storm will pass DC just off the coastline, more than an hour's drive to the east. This would be very early Sunday morning, as the storm drops from a Category 3 to Category 2. Nevertheless, a tropical storm warning has been issued for the DC area until tomorrow night.

I don't have much experience with storms like this, which is amazing when you consider I'm from Ohio, and we've had our share of tornadoes there. I remember unusually large hailstones in the spring of 1974, but I've never actually seen a twister. Here's hoping I don't see anything like that this time around. Better tie up the patio furniture, just in case.
 

No comments: