Monday, April 15, 2013

The View From Boston

I could show you some great footage here, but I won't. But I will tell you what Mister Rogers would have said.

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

So I looked for them. They weren't on YouTube. Not yet, at least. But Business Insider found plenty of heroes who came from out of nowhere, even citing a Google Doc that listed people opening up their homes or helping those who were stranded.

We have room two double beds available and a twin bed in my son's room. We are on the #39 bus line. Pick it up on the back side of the Prudential Center.

Google even has a "people finder." If you want to find someone, or want to be found, look here.

If this story were to be accompanied by a video, it would have been tonight's interview on ABC News with former Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge, who urged people to do two things; be aware of your surroundings when in a public place, especially a crowd, and ... go on about your business.

In other words, like those signs at the Battle of Britain.

We also have to learn not to take people like Wolf Blitzer too seriously. Ed Morrissey explains why.
 

1 comment:

Richard Chonak said...

There are images of goodness out there: e.g., https://twitter.com/rm/status/323906359005429760/photo/1