Monday, August 01, 2005

That Was The Week That Was

Anybody remember that TV news show? If you do, you're older than most of the St Blog's crowd.

But enough about them; let's talk about me.

I was out last week. The office got along fine without me, which is good news -- if only up to a point. I spent the days putting my library into boxes for storage, and getting rid of things I didn't need. Came very close to a rent-to-purchase agreement, but it went south by week's end. I'm in contact with my third mortgage lender. They say the third time's a charm. They also say three strikes and you're out. I'm holding out as long as I can, until I seek an interim rental solution. As to what the remainder of the decade holds for the DC metro housing market, I don't care who you are; when it comes to the future, there's as many predictions as there are pundits making them.

So the Dog Days of August see the search continue in earnest. We all seek a place to call home. As hard as it is in the current market, our Eternal Home is more lasting. Whatever the search, we endeavor to direct our gaze ever onward.

Until then, there will be less blogging than usual this week. What the hell, it's August; everybody's out of town anyway, right? Stay tuned...

No comments: