Timothy McSweeney Explains It All For You
Timothy McSweeney’s Internet Tendency is the online version of a literary journal first published in 1998, and which is found in most sophisticated bookstores. A recent issue featured a piece by Eric Auld entitled ...
Seven Bar Jokes
Involving Grammar and Punctuation
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
And so it goes ...