Monday, March 22, 2004

Use these words in a sentence and we'll sue you!

I thought I'd heard it all when I read that Donald Trump wanted to copyright the phrase "You're fired." (Where the hell was he my first two years out of college?) Now Planned Barrenhood weighs in:

"Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) President Gloria Feldt last week demanded that the Bush administration immediately cease using the phrase "Responsible Choices®," PPFA's trademarked language, to describe the administration's abstinence-only education initiative... PPFA registered its trademark rights to "Responsible Choices®" in 1999..."

Whew! They're in a tough spot to be making demands of someone who, by law, they can't even sue. Sadly, the rest of us have to be more careful. So I'd better watch what I tell my son about making responsible... oops, that was close!

No comments: