Monday, October 03, 2005

"I've got the victory..."

The Gospel is a movie that opens on Friday. "A young singer turns his back on God and his father's church when tragedy strikes... he is forced to deal with... issues that send him on a collision course with redemption or destruction." I haven't been to the cinema in awhile, and I should probably start here. It stars, among others, Keshia Knight Pullam, the youngest of the brood from the NBC Cosby Show series. Wouldn't you know, she's grown up now.

1 comment:

Mr. Nixter said...

There's an author named Joan Boryschenko (sp?) who wrote a book a few years ago titled "The Dark Night of the Soul." It concerns itself with those trajedies that shake us to our very cores, the ones that leave us thinking, albeit when alone & in a private manner, whether or not He know what the heck He's doing to us poor, fragile humans. After all, if He's our Father and looks out for us in all things we do, how could He possibly "allow" bad things to happen to us?

Admittedly, there have been a few times in my very own life when the wisdom of His Ways have been subject to my imperfect scrutiny. What do I do in such times? The terms think, question, ponder, shed a tear or two come immediately to mind. I suppose it's human nature to question such situations. I just wish I didn't have to go through them.