Monday, November 06, 2006

"Don't Vote. It Will Only Encourage Them."

Back in the 1970s, I saw a button that said that. In the Virginia race for the US senate, I have to choose between the lesser of two evils. I'm hoping there's an independent candidate on the ballot.

Arlington County is unabashedly Democratic. There are no Republicans on the County Board of Supervisors (in Virginia, a county's executive form of municipal governance), which doesn't seem to bother anyone. But some taxes keep going up, and more poor- and middle-income people are displaced by the Next Big Lifestyle Development. I honestly don't think it would be worse under the Republicans. What could be worse than this?

Meanwhile, as I hope my change of address form got through in time for going to the polls, the word is out in the blogosphere...



"Hot Republican girls want to talk to YOU."

Oh???

No comments: