Thursday, January 24, 2008

Don’t Turn Around, Der Tommissar’s In Town!

One of the best kept secrets of the Catholic blogosphere is even a secret to himself. On the rare occasions when Der Tommissar of The Donegal Express descends from the mountaintop to dispense his timeless wisdom (some nonsense about the demands of his personal life -- oh, yeah, that old excuse...), I end up laughing my @$$ off. In his latest pronouncement, he explains why he's not endorsing Guiliani:

You know how in high school he “considered the priesthood”? Let me clue the non-Catholics in here, that’s code for, “I’m a huge dork and don’t want to spend four years getting stuffed into lockers. I know, I’ll pretend I have a vocation. That’ll make the guys hesitate about beating the living hell out of me during my high school career. ‘Dude, what if he does become a priest? He could like, send us to hell or somethin’.'” It is the ploy of only the most pathetic loser.

Well, Dude, I'm Catholic too, and I can attest that Tommy Boy is on to something. I just wish he would more often. Besides, the guys I know who tried that trick still ended up getting stuffed in their lockers.
.

No comments: