Thursday, January 03, 2008

Resolutions



All of us make them, and most of us break them. That said, here are mine, in the ever-popular "Top Ten" format.

10) Pick up the guitar and the banjo again and play like I used to before I entered the Art Institute.

9) Complete refresher courses in the summer on cascading style sheets and javascript.

8) Finish my studies at the Art Institute. (See 10 and 9, above.)

7) Finish getting my house in order, do a serious spring cleaning, and cut the rented storage in half.

6) Reduce my credit card debt, and refinance the mortgage.

5) Brush up on my Latin, and train at least a dozen guys to serve the Traditional Mass.

4) Brush up on my -- oh, who am I kidding here? -- learn Tagalog.

3) Earn the scout commissioner's "Arrowhead Award," and possibly the "Commissioner's Key." (These are essentially training awards. They like for us to look busy.)

2) Lose the thirty-five pounds I lost and gained back in the last five years.

And the number one resolution...

1) Get at least one step closer to heaven than this time last year.
.

No comments: