Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Will you still need me, will you still feed me...

...when I'm 55?

Because it's coming up in December, and that's when I qualify for some serious senior discounts, like the one at IHOP. Back in 2004, when I turned 50, I already became eligible for membership in the American Association of Retired Persons. Now, they don't like to be called that anymore. They just want to be known as "AARP." As the Nation's largest non-profit, and one of the Hill's most formidable lobbyists, I suppose they can be known as anything they want.

They also want to be known as withholding endorsement of the health-reform plan, the one currently being touted by this Administration. They've got an advertisement on television to get the point across.

You suppose it's the point they intended? What does this say about their real intentions? I really don't know. You tell me. Let's take a look.
.

1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

You couldn't pay me to join that left-wing group.

I'd much prefer to spend $2.26 more for my...whatever...and have my country last a few days longer in a form that is vaguely familiar.