Sunday, January 27, 2013

“Many hot dogs are within you.”

Several years ago, I was at a two-day crash course known as “Video Boot Camp” when the instructor, a New York City-based TV producer-director of some repute, told me I had what it took to do voice-overs. People had told me before that I had a voice for radio (if not the face for television), but never a guy who made a living saying it. And since my superiors were in the room, I ended up for a while doing voice-overs at my (day) job for internal use.

I was reminded of this yet again tonight, in a conversation on Skype, with this commercial as a case in point.

The prospect of a regular videocast, under the auspices of man with black hat, has been on the drawing board for some time now. If it happens at all, it would be in 2014 at the earliest, with a new edition the same time every week, running between two and three minutes. With a necessarily fast-paced format, it would basically cover the same issues as in this venue, only more so. We would start with a pilot to show to a select audience, then a revision based on the input. From there an established formula, and regular production schedule, would be ready to go.

More on the details at a later date. For now, somebody “tell the world.”
 

No comments: