Tuesday, December 03, 2013

No news is good news ...

... at least when it's from Google.

Most of you remember the news ticker that appeared at the top of this page. While we here at man with black hat like to present a balance of views when it comes to such venues, much of the news about the Catholic Church was not only an endorsement of dissenting opinions, but were a means of attacking the Faith itself. Well, we're not in the business of attacking our Holy Mother Church, nor do we intend to enable those who do. When that ticker ticked us off for the last time, we gave it the old heave-ho!

At present, we are testing a ticker from Fox News (as in "Fair. Balanced.") but are having some code problems. Once those clowns at our Tech Support Division get through playing with the PS4 game console we got them for the break room, they'll get right on it, and you'll be the first to know.

Until then, stay tuned ... to everything else.
 

2 comments:

Ron Rolling said...

Oh. In other words, living a Christian life and fulfilling your worldly duties have more priority than 'blogging.

Would more of us have that attitude.

Your audience will be here for you when you have the moments to post.

David L Alexander said...

Ron:

You've said that before. You're right, but ...

I'm not a blogger. I'm a writer. Bloggers just want to say something. I have something to say, something of my own, not someone else's. I have to know what I'm talking about, and that takes work. That takes a significant amount of research. And I work during the day.

It also takes getting attention, being heard above the fray, above "the usual suspects" in Catholic new media. They're the ones who say the same stuff someone else said a few years ago, twenty or thirty years ago, but everyone wants to keep reading it.

And the readership has fallen off. Nearly a quarter over this time last year. I need to re-evaluate how I promote. The usual ways aren't working as well as before.

You know what my biggest story was this year? It's the same one I post every year on the Feast of the Sacred Heart. Yeah, this year it went through the roof. I didn't re-write it, I just re-posted it and ...

Why the hell am I telling you this? Oh, never mind. I'll be posting the usual stuff for Christmas too, and some new stuff as well. Tomorrow's piece will be on Saint Nicholas, and will be a bio of sorts.

Stay tuned, and stay in touch.