Wednesday, January 22, 2003

I stopped being a lay reader at my parish because...

...they told us that we would also have to alternate being a commentator. This was the pastor's idea of implementing the revisions in the Roman Missal, and otherwise "getting lay people more involved."

It's also his idea of insulting our intelligence. Apparently, I'm too stupid to read the revised General Instruction myself, let alone know diddley about the details of Catholic worship. Not only that, but I should feel good about getting up at 6:30 in the morning to run over there by 7:30 and read some dumb-ass introduction with an equally dumb-ass sermonette attached, then tell everybody to do the obvious: "Please stand."

But enough about my opinion. Bryan Baldwin of Catholic Light spells it out more eloquently.

No comments: