Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Yes, Mark, I still have a TV in my house!

How the hell else am I supposed to watch NBC's "The West Wing," or "ER" and "The X-Files" in syndicated reruns, or every "Star Trek" variation in the universe, or if my local cable company ever wises up, "Mother Angelica Live"?

Personally, I don't watch the commercials much. Although I find the latest one for SPAM to be quite amusing. You know, the one where the delivery truck crashes through the house to supply unlimited quantities of the miraculous mystery meat. Besides, that's why God gave us the "mute" button. "And God looked down on the remote control in the hands of the man He created, and saw the mute button, and found that it was good."

Besides, if I didn't have a TV, I couldn't watch THIS on the public access channel.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to catch "Walker Texas Ranger." After all, he is a good guy in a black hat, eh?

No comments: