Tuesday, January 07, 2003

"You know, some of this stuff is a little over my head, Dave..."

To whoever keeps telling me that (and you know who you are, Pat), it is true that my writings occasionally deal with some pretty arcane topics. Sometimes they even make my eyes glaze over, and I wonder if I'm really getting out of the house enough. And yet, they are well within the province of a circle of fellow-sojourners, who make their mark elsewhere in the Catholic blogosphere. (In other words, there are people who actually read this stuff!)

But recently I returned to something my friend Thomas Storck once wrote in his book The Catholic Milieu:

"Our entire daily lives cannot be occupied with purely religious practices; all of us have to eat, and most of us have and want to do many other activities besides. So though we cannot always be religious in this sense, we can always be Catholic, that is, the round of our daily activities can be conducted in such a way as to express and be in harmony with our Faith. And [this] can involve more than avoiding sin and exercising virtue..."

About that time, one of those sojourners, one Dave Pawlak of Milwaukee, and author of the weblog Pompous Ponderings, invited me to join his "group blog" known as Caritas Unitas et Veritas. And so I did. I also included a (mercifully) short autobio, for those of you who missed it the first time on MWBH.

In the future, some of my more esoteric contributions in the area of Catholicism will be found there, and I will of course make reference to them here.

Okay, everybody breathe a sigh of relief. In... Out... Goooood, that's it!!!!

No comments: