Friday, May 07, 2004

"...if it ain't got that certain je ne sais quoi!" (-- Peter Schickele)

Last night's class was worth it. Over the years, I've picked up a few bad habits, and Donna is ever so charming as she points them out -- over and over again. (Thanks, hon, I needed that!) There's something about doing just enough with the hand, a certain movement, to lead the partner on her way, to make her look and feel... special! That's what the gentleman's gotta do, ya know?

But the big news is that I may have found the mandolin I've been waiting years for -- a Gibson F-4. Okay, an Ibenez F-4 made to look like a Gibson before Gibson sued Ibenez. I just hope I can pull this off. If not, maybe another one will come along eventually. With my all-zydeco-all-the-time dance streak taking a nose dive, maybe it's time to try life on the other side of the speakers. Stay tuned...

No comments: