Saturday, July 25, 2009

“Goin’ to the chapel and we’re...”

By now, everyone else has seen this. Everyone but “Sal.”

Tonight I had the chance to show her what all the fuss was about, expecting her to be amused. To my surprise, she was sort of grinning, but mostly shaking her head. I believe what followed was something like: “Yan ang pinaka bobo ideya na nakita ko.” (“That is the stupidest idea I have ever seen.”) Or words to that effect.

[MONDAY MORNING UPDATE: We showed the video last night to Paul, who despite being ever-so-vigilant on all things in popular culture, had not yet seen it. He found it inappropriate as well, but it gave him an idea for the reception, should this ever happen to him. It would be a dramatization of how he and his bride met and so on. The working title so far: "Paul and Whats-her-name: The Musical." The kid still cracks me up.]
.

No comments: