Sunday, July 11, 2010

“Abide with me ...”

I was the MC for a Solemn High Mass earlier today, where the pastor emeritus gave one of his most remarkable homilies to date*. After some grocery shopping, I came home to an empty house, as the eventide approacheth. It is quiet here at Chez Alexandre. The radio is playing classical music in the background. "Sal" and I went dancing last night for the first time in a dog's age. (Latin dancing, if you're wondering.) She was at her usual form, and I wish I could say the same for me. But between that and another bad night's sleep, and little to eat today, I'm pretty worn out. When I was young, my parents treated Sunday for the day of rest that it was, the two of them usually falling asleep on the couch, or nodding off while reading the newspaper. I couldn't imagine at the time leading such a boring existence. Fortunately, I can now.

* This will be made available here as soon as a recording or transcript is produced. Stay tuned ...
.

No comments: