As yours truly was on the road yesterday (more on that later), we didn't get to the news, oh boy, so here it is.
To start, MSNBC has nothing better to do than pick on the Palins for having a Christmas tree, taking a quotation from Jeremiah to condemn the practice, which would condemn to hell most of us, including ... most of the losers at MSNBC. (You were thinking they all celebrate Kwaanza?)
In pointing out the obvious, an evangelical online ministry points out that "Jeremiah is not condemning Christmas trees. He is condemning idolatry." Maybe that's why their ratings are in the tank. Duh.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• Speaking of trees, here's one that couldn't be mistaken for an idol, and could be politically correct at the same time. Maybe MSNBC can give Jeremiah a rest for this one in Lithuania. [AP]
• With the new year, it's time to start preparing for a celebration of the Fourth. No, not July, but January. If what they're saying is right, this is going to be totally better than fireworks. (Find something to hang on to, just in case.) [News Hound]
• If you're going to get mugged in New York City's Central Park, the best way to avoid having your cell phone stolen is to lower your standards, now that the bad guys have raised theirs. Remember, it could save your life. [The New York Post]
• Did you hear about the Kenyans who chased down a pack of cheetahs? Hey, the cats were killing their goats, what else could they do? [BBC]
• Finally, be careful what you say about the "Pajama Boy" who appears in the ads promoting the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare"). You might be anti-Semitic. No kidding. (Hey, I didn't even notice until they brought it up that, uh, you know.) [The Jewish Daily Forward]
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, and the old year leads into the new, stay tuned, and stay in touch.