Friday, June 09, 2006

While I was out...

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/Cartoons/06-09-2006.gif
©2006 Chris Muir

...it seems we've been busy throughout the world.

Personally, I can't imagine what keeps these Al-Queda types going. I mean, even if they accomplish everything they set out to do, they'll never have a normal life. They won't have time for a family, for children, mowing the lawn, having a backyard barbeque. Plus, they'll have to be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. And they call this living?

I suppose there are things in this life worth dying for. Evil isn't one of them. As long as the USA is the world's babysitter, it won't matter if we pull out of Iraq tomorrow. We'll probably move next door to Iran and start something there. And you know something? The powers of Europe can whine about it, but when it comes down to it, they wouldn't have us any other way.

That's reason enough to blow them off. And start charging rent for using a piece of Manhattan for the UN.

Closer to home, "Sal" is in Ithica, attending a college reunion at Cornell. No, she didn't go there, but her home-care client did 65 years ago. Got a call from her last night. It was going down to the 50s, and she didn't bring a jacket. Four years in this country, and she still has to get used to having all four seasons, bless her heart. I told her she needed a light jacket, and it was a perfect excuse to go shopping. She felt better.

I've been following further developments in the stories I've written over the last two weeks. I figure if someone wants the immediate buzz, they'll go elsewhere. Mine is the way-station for in-depth analysis... yeah, how's that? Besides, I've got a major animation project I'm working on, and Macromedia Flash isn't the easiest program in the world to master. Even their own programmers find out new stuff every day that they didn't know the thing could do. What's up with that?

No comments: