Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ego sum pastor bonus, alleluia!

Today, a television crew was at St John the Beloved, from Radio e Televisao de Portugal (RTP). They were videotaping for a special about the Traditional Latin Mass, as part of the Holy Father's visit to the USA later this month. Before preparations for Mass got underway, they interviewed the good Father, of course. When I was introduced to the crew, they asked what I did as a "master of ceremonies," and whether I was a priest or a deacon, or whatever. ("No, I'm a layman. You can call me 'sir.'") Then they asked to interview me for a few minutes. It was relatively painless.

They ended up taping the whole Mass. As this was the Second Sunday After Easter in the traditional calendar, Father gave a very moving homily on the Good Shepherd. The altar server crew was up to their usual standard of excellence. We had a First Communion today, which is always a nice touch. I'm not sure to what extent RTP will broadcast (or webcast) this event; whether this is a special on the TLM, or just "b-roll" for the Pope's visit. Whatever it is, it will be aired next Sunday. Readers will be apprised of internet access to the program. Those who can read Portuguese are welcome to visit to the website (linked above) and give us a clue if they find one.
.

No comments: