“I read the news today, oh boy ...” (First-Of-The-Year Edition)
Diane Feinstein, Mayor Bloomberg and Sam Donaldson self-righteously denounce guns. Also, did you know that porn allegedly hurts short term memory? Following a brief holiday hiatus, we have this and more from the folks at Pajamas Media.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on planet Earth:
• For those concerned about the loss of personal freedoms, and disregard for the rule of law and the Constitution, the town of Paragould, Arkansas, is off to a good start by imposing martial law. (CNN)
• Speaking of imposing, a Federal Government employee has been formally reprimanded for ... well, read for yourself. (Slate.com)
• Two robbers near Brisbane, Australia, tried to break into a jewelry store, and ended up at a KFC restaurant. Did they want fries with that? (news.com.au)
• And ... in yet another case of law and order, three members of the Newton, Massachusetts Police Department were caught throwing eggs at the home of their superior. (MetroWest Daily News)
• Finally, as the old year passes, we review some of the most overused or misused words in the English language these past twelve months. (The Atlantic Wire)
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.