Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Summer of Love: And In The End

...the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I wanted my last episode in this series to be about The Beatles. But let's be honest, hasn't it gone on long enough? Besides, I couldn't begin to do justice to those guys. I'm just glad that three of them were able to get together for the closest thing to a Beatles reunion when they did that documentary back in 1994 (broadcast the following year), without Yoko Ono showing up to ruin everything -- again.

For me, it was never about getting stoned or changing the world. After all, how can you do both at the same time? Didn't work out too well, did it? No, for yours truly, it was always about the music. So we'll end with the trailer for the upcoming movie Across the Universe, as a new generation puts it's own spin on the last one.

Maybe they'll do a better job. We can only hope.

No comments: