“I read the news today, oh boy ...”
Our friends at Pajamas Media managed to apply some restraint in the content of their latest peruse of the political blogosphere. Nonetheless ... [CONTENT ADVISORY: Instances of mature subject matter.] (One step at a time, folks.) In addition, the signature Black Hat is in mothballs until after Labor Day, in exchange for an exquisite Panama hand woven in Ecuador.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on Planet Earth:
• Well, whaddaya know, they found Ameila Erhart, or at least physical evidence on a coral reef island 700 miles north of American Samoa, where she and her navigator may have survived. Even if some would beg to disagree, keep your eyes on this one. (MSNBC)
• Harvard Law professor and Cherokee wannabe Elizabeth Warren told an audience at last year's Chicago Humanities Festival that "I was the first nursing mother to take a bar exam in the state of New Jersey." Add this to the list of things she cannot prove. (bostonherald.com)
• And speaking of nursing, the Sunday edition of the Washington Post is ready to bust five myths about breast-feeding. Did you know there are circumstances where the practice is not necessarily "natural"? Prepare to be underwhelmed. (washingtonpost.com)
• And speaking of mothers with babes in arms, if it weren't for a mother in Phoenix who drove off with her baby on the car roof, marijuana might have been legal in Arizona soon. But let's give the woman some credit; she had him in his safety seat. (Reuters)
• And, finally, a bank robber in suburban Chicago was aided by police in getting away, after getting caught in an air duct. Obviously he did not get very far. (AP)
And that's all the news that fits. As the week goes on, stay tuned, and stay in touch.