Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ode to Volleyball

I do not play volleyball, but nearly everyone in my extended family does. My brother was briefly a high school coach, and has organized regional league tournaments. His sisters-in-law played for the USA National team, and at least one was (probably) an Olympic contender. Their sons, as well my sister's boys, all play in leagues. None are professional, but if it ever got to that level, the sight of at least one of them taking it on would not surprise me.

Mind you, this is not the sissy game you played when you were a kid, but an aggressive form of the sport. I'd show you a video, but the camera's batteries ran out as I was taking stills. (What, me playing? Are you nuts?)

Mom finds it all quite entertaining, which appears to matter most to "Grandma's boys."

“May the Lord bless you out of Sion, and may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. May you see your children's children, and peace upon Israel.” (from Psalm 127/128)
 

No comments: