Monday, September 15, 2003

From the MWBH Mailbag

The network's been down for much of today, or I would have shared this sooner. This was found in the MWBH Mailbox today, from one of my many admirers:

"I am passing this on to you because it has definitely worked for me. By following the simple advice I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace. It reads:

"'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started.'

"I looked around to see all the things I started and hadn't finished. So, today I have finished one bottle of white wine, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Baileys, my Prozac, a large box of chocolates and a quart of beer. You have no idea how good I feel."


Actually, if you had asked me a few years ago, I would have been able to... uh, never mind.

My weekend consisted mostly of cleaning out my walk-in closet. Now, attempting this with a studio apartment can leave you with essentially no living space. So I'm spending the next few nights at a buddy's house until things clear up. The one bright spot was Saturday night, and the most wonderful night of latin dancing I have ever experienced. My dance partner for the evening was sufficiently pleased with the proceedings, that upon leaving the club, burst into song with Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye). That she has the most lovely mezzo-soprano voice, and bears a slight resemblance to Sarah Brightman, certainly doesn't hurt.

All I could do to compete with that was to sit with her by the shore of the Potomac later that night, playing my guitar and singing cowboy ballads.

Oh well, you work with what ya got, eh?

In other news, I have some more writing to do, to be posted later. Plus, they say we've got to stock up on white bread and toilet paper in time for the hurricane. Sure hope I can beat the rush. Stay tuned...

No comments: